View Single Post
Old 09-14-2021, 11:07 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 78w72 View Post
; for now im content with my th400 & lower number gears, 3.23 are manageable for all but long interstate trips, which i dont plan on taking in this car. & i have another "slow" t/a with 3.08s if i felt the need to take a long trip on interstates with 70-80mph speed limits.
That's how I have my 70 Formula set up and I honestly have no intention of overdriving that one. I find it perfectly fine for long trips and we routinely use it just for that. I run a 28" tire on it which helps, and it'll cruise fine at 70 mph for hours and still knock down 17 mpg. I have a ton of fun drag racing this car as well, and because of the gear it doesn't set the world on fire, but it's respectable and still fun. So I have nothing at all against a 400 turbo and very mild rear gears that are highway friendly. Of course with an overdrive it would do everything better but I'm pretty content with this one to just leave it alone. I actually use it as my main transportation as my wife uses the 69Z. When I have errands or someplace to go, I jump in the bird.

https://youtu.be/XqEydRRRwqE