View Single Post
Old 12-03-2023, 07:20 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Some things accomplished:
I took the wheels and tires off and down to a tire shop and had them re-balanced. Also checked the front wheel bearings and decided each side could take one more notch of tightening without being too tight. Got the doors color-sanded and all polished out. (I took extreme care doing it this time and taped the edges of the doors before using my wool bonnet buffing wheel.) Installed the rocker moldings.

I took the car on a 15 mile test drive today and it feels much better. I didn't detect any shimmy feeling at all. Took it up to 80 and didn't notice any wheel vibrations at all.
I'm now feeling like the transmission shifting is fine and that I don't need to re-adjust the TV cable. Everything I felt before was because of the amount of lash in the rear before getting that fixed.

Tomorrow, I'll take the car down to the paintless dent removal shop. I'll drop it off first thing in the morning. It should be ready to pick up before the end of the day.

Snapped some photos after my test drive:

'55 Chevy Bel Air Sport Coupe - Ram Jet 350 / T56 Magnum 6spd, Restomod Completed Sept. 2012, Sold Sept. 2021 PHOTO
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to roger1 For This Useful Post: