View Single Post
Old 06-03-2022, 01:44 PM

at the time of publication that was the richest metering rod with long taper made by GM,
Doug Roe was not in error, he was building these carbs and writing publications back in 1973 when they were new,
and he listed all the rods from leanest to richest in the metering/capacity flow section.
I did notice there may be some typos or transcription errors, because rods listed as medium taper that I own, have fairly long tapers.

speaking of errors...hey we all make mistakes...opening the air valve further than the stock setting, will cause the bottom of the air valve to progressively block the secondary main fuel nozzles. that's why they are offset the way they are from the factory, take a look sometime. if they are opened completely 90 degrees on the bottom, it will block the fuel nozzle stream severely and cause a lot of turbulence. it will also cause the top side of the air valve to progressively block incoming air, because of the way it's designed.

take a look, I happen to be building a carb for a guy with a '76 Firebird, 400 block, 421 crank, 60 over, 434 cid today, using a Buick 455 800cfm center section, and '73 Pontiac 455 Qjet top.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	baf4.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	20.7 KB
ID:	592085   Click image for larger version

Name:	baf2.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	25.9 KB
ID:	592086  

Last edited by GTO-relic; 06-03-2022 at 01:49 PM.