View Single Post
Old 09-07-2021, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeighborsComplaint View Post
Well, I bit the bullet and scrounged for some deals on an EFI setup. I wound up a with a refurbed Holley Sniper from the Holley store for $400 less than retail, an in-tank pump retrofit kit w. Walbro pump and baffled tray, a braided PTFE hose kit w. AN fittings and a Wix 33737 filter regulator w. return.

The plan is to mount the regulator where my current Holley red pump is currently located ( just ahead and below the tank) and use my existing 3/8" fuel line. The supply and return (short lines) will be plumbed w. PTFE as well as the supply line to the throttle body. I will also swap out my ProComp dual plane intake for a Torker II I bought a while back.

I am going to try to retain my old mechanical pump to carb hard line and picked up the compression to AN fittings to do this just to maintain a "stock-ish" appearance. I just have to come up with a bracket to secure the end of the hard line coming off one of the fuel pump block-off plate bolts. My tank and fuel lines are only a couple years old so I decided to retain them and do the retrofit rather than purchase a new tank.

I have seen them plumbed this way but something tells me I should locate the regulator closer to the throttle body using the high pressure on the long supply run and regulated pressure on the short run to the throttle body. I have 3/8" supply & 5/16" return hard lines in the stock location (both are new) and could just as easily mount the filter/regulator right on the frame rail and plumb to my supply and return.

For you guys that have done this type of install, which way did you go?
Hope you will update on your progress/results, what things worked for you and what did not. I started this same conversion in the early spring but got stalled and the hot summers here make working in the garage a total no-go. I plan to get back to it in a couple of months once the temps have backed off the triple digits and have my car ready for the pleasant winter temps here.