View Single Post
Old 09-07-2021, 09:31 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocktimusPryme View Post
Yeah, I actually found the system cheaper at a show but decided to use EFIsystsemspros because they have such a stellar service reputation.

I thought the filter/regulator was actually pretty fairly priced at 120 for the cast unit. Its the $40 for mounting brackets that I balk at.

I havent bought the hyperspark stuff yet to control timing. Chris told me that if the car runs well now, Holley actually recommends you get the EFI up and going with your current ignition setup. One less thing that can go wrong during initial startup. You dont have to remove the distributor, you know the timing is right etc. After you get the EFI going then you can swap in the spark control items.
I'd have to have it in my hands but I tend to think there are probably multiple ways one could come up with to mount it....???

That is exactly correct about the ignition side of things. I've done the exact same thing on both cars here. Got the EFI systems on both cars first. Both cars have rock solid MSD setups that have been flawless for over 20 years, with boxes etc.... that I just didn't want to mess with.

So I put the EFI systems on both cars, very straight forward install, and left the ignition systems alone.
The plan was to eventually convert them both over to control ignition with the EFI unit. The MSD's are capable as is by just locking out the distributor and swapping a few wires around so I don't necessarily have to buy anything on the ignition side to make it work. Funny thing is after over a year on both cars I haven't changed either one. They both run so well as is I'm just not sure at this point if I should, or will, change the ignition.

https://youtu.be/XqEydRRRwqE