View Single Post
Old 09-07-2021, 09:24 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulajones View Post
That's an interesting piece. Haven't seen that yet.

I use Chris at EFI System Pro for all the EFI stuff we have. Bought both Sniper units from him and all the add on goodies as well. He has treated me good and gave me discounts for buying multiple units at once. He's been a big help in the tuning aspect of things as well and has been excellent support. Way better than dealing with Holley directly.

On that filter regulator combo, I haven't found a cheap way to do this stuff, lol. On the regulators, I always use the 13301 Aeromotive regulator because it does 2 things I wanted. It's vacuum referenced and that comes in handy if you really get heavy into tuning the system, and it also has the ability to switch back and forth from carb pressure to EFI pressure with a swap of the spring. I've used it for years with a carb before the EFI switch so that part was easy.

Yeah, I actually found the system cheaper at a show but decided to use EFIsystsemspros because they have such a stellar service reputation.

I thought the filter/regulator was actually pretty fairly priced at 120 for the cast unit. Its the $40 for mounting brackets that I balk at.

I havent bought the hyperspark stuff yet to control timing. Chris told me that if the car runs well now, Holley actually recommends you get the EFI up and going with your current ignition setup. One less thing that can go wrong during initial startup. You dont have to remove the distributor, you know the timing is right etc. After you get the EFI going then you can swap in the spark control items.

https://www.youtube.com/@CatfishMotorsports