View Single Post
Old 09-07-2021, 09:15 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67Fbird View Post
EVERYTHING, EVERYTIME!!!!...lol

My reason for going efi was the 041 cam in my 10.5:1 iron headed 400! and i LOVE q-jets. When it was a daily driver,,,,you would spend the first 5 minutes pat, pat, pat on the gas so it would stay running, then (due to the fine tuning required to run too much compression with iron heads) depending on if is "wet" outside as to how bad it ran. The EFI allowed ME to put enough in it when its cold that it would actually stay running.....AND not be loaded up when it its warm. I could also INFINITELY adjust the AFR to the cylinders a little wet (not pig RICH) while "cruising" at low throttle.

Something else for the OP.....most stuff has been mentioned; however, one other point to make about EFI is your charging system MUST BE AWESOME!! rock solid voltage is a MUST for efi to perform correctly. So if you have NOT upgraded to at least a cs130 or 144.....this would be the time.
I've heard that before on the charging system deal but never experienced any issues myself. Both cars still have bone stock charging systems with external voltage regulators with stock output alternators, and they both have been flawless in that department for over a year now using the Holley Super Sniper Stealth units.
But I'm guessing it has a lot to do with wiring, isolating everything properly and having good grounds.

https://youtu.be/XqEydRRRwqE