View Single Post
Old 06-26-2021, 08:38 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I researched this extensively before I started my bodywork, and there were so many opinions it was hard to develop a clear answer before choosing one.

I used Rage Gold for most of my car, it was the first "premium" filler I had ever tried compared to the cheap crap I used on previous projects, and it was definitely easier to sand so I liked it.

I have since tried 3M Platinum (not Platinum Plus), and it was noticeably easier to sand, less pinholes, and between the two I would use it again as my first choice.

I realize there are many options for premium filler and many I have not tried, so others with more experience will have better insight.

One thing to be aware of is that many of the higher end fillers are only available in gallon cans...not sure why, but sucks for us hobbiests as I would have bought quarts of several kinds to see what was best.

Oshawa built 1 option Judge basket case. 463, SD KRE 295's, CNC'd factory intake, Cliff's Qjet, Stump Puller HR cam, RARE RA manifolds, Pypes exhaust, T56 Magnum, McLeod RXT clutch, 3.42 12 bolt. 24 year project almost done...

Last edited by mrennie; 06-26-2021 at 08:45 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to mrennie For This Useful Post: