View Single Post
Old 03-15-2023, 12:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Drained the oil from break in last night. There was negligible bit of sediment on the drain plug which was nice to see. I did see some flecks when I drained the oil filter. Nothing uncommon for a new build but I'm glad I changed the oil immediately. Per Butler's instructions I put a fresh batch of Driven BR 15/50 in.

It's very angry on a cold start, but once it warms up a bit it idles smoothly and stays cool with the 160 degree thermostat. Oil pressure is where it should be. Looks like it's around 70psi which is perfect considering I added the shim in the oil pump for a little more pressure. Props to Ray Klemm for the awesome job on the carb. Only minor adjustments to idle speed needed! The new trans was thirsty. I think I ended up putting in about 11 quarts or so. It may want more when I'm able to take it out for a drive.

I accidentally debugged the perpetual GEN light as well. I was on the phone with M&H for a while and we were both perplexed. I noticed I was getting power to two wires at the voltage regulator when the car was off. I went to remove the bulkhead to check for power and continuity and noticed the offending wire lost power when I backed the bolt out of the bulkhead a few turns. Problem solved!

I still need to get the underside of the hood prepped and painted, the rain has been preventing that. After that, it needs an alignment and the A/C reinstalled and charged. My son is already bugging me to take to open shop night at his school.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0934.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	608901   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0942.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	608902  

'95 Comp T/A #6 M6 - bone stock (pics)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Verdoro 68 For This Useful Post: