View Single Post
Old 10-03-2021, 12:35 AM

Tom, yes normal 20 minute sessions on 1.5-3.0 mile road courses but I’ll open road race at least once yearly. If I enter a 130-135 mph average class with a tech speed of 168 each leg of the course would also be around 20 minutes to go 55 miles.

I don’t have a turbo now but with the supercharger out of the picture I’m talking to the chassis shop about a single G42 and limiting boost to prevent the YY 455 block from splitting. I’ll probably go NA and just save to build the turbo on a aftermarket aluminum block.

I have to get the cylinder heads figured out and a stock height manifold for multiport injection to go under the shaker. I’d love to go with a Motec ECU but will likely go Holley HP.

The cage is done and the 3-link is waiting for the CNC drawings to come back as parts. It’s a full floater 9-inch with a MillerBuilt kit so I can run C7 hubs and C6 Z51 brakes.. The coil overs are JRI. Front suspension is SpeedTech with spindles using C6 hubs, JRI coil overs and a custom splined sway bar. Of course it’s a Magnum 6 speed.

The shop is run by Mike DuSold; the same guy who’s ‘67 Camaro with a TT LS427 has two Optima Championships and 6-7 LS Fest wins. He was running compound turbos at Pikes Peak this year but also has a tradition TT setup. He fabbed both systems. Good thing that Garret is a sponsor. The compound setup put out over 1350 RWHP. It’s been a month now so it could be the same compound with a G42 and G45 or more likely twin G42’s as the back pressure from the smaller turbo(1st turbo) limited the G45’s potential. Maybe thats the next frontier for OEM’s, it’s the ECU’s capability not the Engineers limiting turbo output.