View Single Post
Old 06-21-2022, 06:18 PM
Boost Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikW View Post
I'm also adding a temperature/humidity sensor from a Mack truck air intake so I can monitor weather conditions. Utilizing Holley's software I can add a math channel to my tune file and have it spit out real time density altitude based on this sensors readings and my input of track elevation. Bandit will be it's own weather station. Pretty cool!
What did you pay for your Turbos?

Hope you have enough cash to purchase another set.

I did the air scoops "down low", (copying the Olds 442 1966 & 1967 Ram Air cars, but I had the air feeding a circular Ram Air "Box".
https://www.ramairbox.com/ The air cleaner had a filter.

I was amazed with how much road trash the scoops collected and transferred to the Air Box. A cup-full at times.

In your case I see no filtering system prior to the Turbocharger compressor blades.
Maybe you have some screening that was not visible in the pictures.

Hate to see a new set of Turbos trashed and needing a rebuild minimum because you killed your turbos.
Big Chief got his turbos for free from Precision Turbos (so if the Oklahoma grit kills them) he can get another set.

Food for thought.

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.