View Single Post
Old 10-08-2011, 10:03 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryconcom View Post
I would like to humbly announce to the GTO world in general and the Ram air IV world in particular that another Ra 4 car has been recovered mostly intact. This past week at Fall Carlisle, I ran across a nice condition orbit orange/sandlewood clone 4 spd judge-with the PHS. The PHS confirmed the RA4 birthright-the car asking $24,500. I was shocked to find a real RA4 car-shocked. Sadly, original engine long gone-7,500 rpm top end with a 6,500 rpm bottom end became a recepie for a short life. Car was 3 owner with current YH short block/Edelbrock alum heads top end installed. Car was originally pepper green/sandlewood int. orginally born no ps/pdb, has both now with funky booster-not GM style,I intend to remove power brakes and return it to manual drums. Also, has m-21 and prob 3:90 posi. Ram air pans missing and has round port headers. According to debrief material, car had lived in penn/maryland area its whole life. Sombody put an aluminum radiator/electric fan combo in it, interior is very nice, eagle gt 2 tires, rally 2s, I bought it for $20,000 even. I know I do not yet have its vin, but does anybody know this car, its provenance, its history? The engine was built by some notable engine firm in the north east but I forget its name-it has a web site. Needless to say I desire to put a correct RA4 motor back in it- you operators sitting on WW blocks/614 heads this is your chance to make some Christmas money from me and yes I know the market. I also need radiator and shround also, as I desire to remove aluminum racing items. Those who want to talk-call me, those who want to sell, call me-904-276-8082, Rick Kenney in Jacksonville, fla.
Nicely bought.

Sounds a lot like my car - Peppergreen, black guts, RAIV, M21, 4.33, manual drums, manual steering. Mine was black when I found it, P/S, PDB, but doing the same thing - manual drums and steering and back to Peppergreen. Will be done next year.

Scott