View Single Post
Old 11-22-2022, 07:46 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by unruhjonny View Post
I had understood that post-bailout, GM restructured so that franchisees ALL became Chevrolet/Buick/GMC;
They kept the Cadillac as an add-on to an existing franchise, but also kept their rules about needing to have a certain sales volume (or something like that) in order to be eligible to have the Cadillac franchise.

As with everything in life, there may be some franchises which were able to be exempt from the new rules, but hte few Pontiac(Buick/GMC) dealers that survived around here all became Chevrolet/Buick/GMC dealers.
Not true.

In my area (MN), there are Buick/GMC dealers and there are Chevy dealerships.

If you want a GMC, you have to go to the Buick/GMC dealer. If you want to get a Chevy, you have to go to the Chevy dealer.

I had a part time retirement gig at the local Chevy/Cadillac dealer and asked about getting a GMC Terrain vs the Chevy Equinox (the Terrain has Heads Up Display available) with my GM employee discount and couldn't do it through the dealership I worked for (I would have received the employee deal on my trade also).

Now I am aware of a few MN dealerships that do have both Chevy and GMC trucks, but that is the exception, not the rule.