View Single Post
Old 11-21-2022, 09:33 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by unruhjonny View Post
I had understood that post-bailout, GM restructured so that franchisees ALL became Chevrolet/Buick/GMC;
They kept the Cadillac as an add-on to an existing franchise, but also kept their rules about needing to have a certain sales volume (or something like that) in order to be eligible to have the Cadillac franchise.

As with everything in life, there may be some franchises which were able to be exempt from the new rules, but hte few Pontiac(Buick/GMC) dealers that survived around here all became Chevrolet/Buick/GMC dealers.

Since I bought my Cobalt right around the time that GM was in trouble, I recall for years afterward, the dealers I dealt with were pretty pushy about you filling out the GM(parent) customer satisfaction survey - I think it was a period of a couple years where GM was looking to also cut down on the number of franchisees all together.
This is what I've found in Edmonton too. Want a GMC truck, any GM dealer can get whatever stock is available. I had a Buick /GMC dealer and a Chevrolet dealer competing for my business in 2019 on a new 2019 1500 GMC Elevation.