View Single Post
Old 11-21-2022, 03:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgarblik View Post
Since this thread is about Buick going away, this would be my radical plan moving forward. I think most would agree that GMC exists today so Cadillac and Buick dealers have a truck to sell. ...
I had understood that post-bailout, GM restructured so that franchisees ALL became Chevrolet/Buick/GMC;
They kept the Cadillac as an add-on to an existing franchise, but also kept their rules about needing to have a certain sales volume (or something like that) in order to be eligible to have the Cadillac franchise.

As with everything in life, there may be some franchises which were able to be exempt from the new rules, but hte few Pontiac(Buick/GMC) dealers that survived around here all became Chevrolet/Buick/GMC dealers.

Since I bought my Cobalt right around the time that GM was in trouble, I recall for years afterward, the dealers I dealt with were pretty pushy about you filling out the GM(parent) customer satisfaction survey - I think it was a period of a couple years where GM was looking to also cut down on the number of franchisees all together.

Quite likely one of few '70 Muncie three speed Formula 400's left.

1991 Grand Am: 14.4 @ 93.7mph (DA corrected) (retired DD, stock appearing)
2009 Cobalt SS: 13.9 @ 103mph (current DD; makes something north of 300hp & 350ft/lbs)