View Single Post
Old 09-26-2022, 03:35 PM

I had him down to 600 dollars, my concern has it had already been bored over once. Who knows maybe twice. We were going to drop the oil pan last Friday and check the piston size but a little emergency came up that morning and I was not able to get out there for another day. Then he rewrote his ad in caps and raised the price. I have no need for any 400 transmission cores I might be lucky to get hundred dollars for one here where I live. Oh well the rains have started and his engine is sitting out in his yard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeGermanHam View Post
Other details aside, although the seller states that it ran when pulled, he is also very clear that it doesn't matter and he considers it a core for rebuild:

He's asking $1,000 for a 400ci block and TH400 transmission. Whether or not it spun a bearing, etc. is irrelevant, since the engine & trans are both being sold as cores. In my neck of the woods, $500 for a bare 400ci core without heads and $500 for a TH400 core are completely within normal market value.

Personally, I tend not to seek out sellers who write in call caps and take on this type of tone, but if I'm serious about buying something I also take a no-BS approach and ultimately let the parts do the talking and not the seller.