Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwilder9 View Post
Got home tonight and looked at the rims on the 71TA,
JW 1-27-1970
JW 4-13-1970
KR 11-10-1970
KR 11-10-1970
The JW's are kinda spread out so I don't know what to think of this one, car is 02B (Second week in February). I can send pictures if someone needs them. My 1970 Formula also has 3 of this kind of rally on it, I will look at the this week end some time, and repost.
winder, your cars once again supports my comments that as many, if not more, of our cars rolled off the assembly line with mismatched (date codes) wheels. As nice and clean as it looks to have all matching numbered wheels....I just don't believe the assembly guys cared. As long as they were the correct wheels, the build dates did n't matter. I have said for years this kind of stuff transfers all through out our cars. I know some guys try and get every date code to match up cleanly within 2-4 months before production(including all engine compartment cades) and I just have not seen this with my experience. Did some cars have perfectly matching date codes, you betch'ya... But I think as many, if not more had mis-matched wheels. I knwo for one, my 71 HO, when finished...which will have every single bolts original(no repo's) and details that are almost obsessive, but as far as date codes...I am leaving them mismatched as came. Date codes were just that, when they were manufactured..there was no assembly requirement to match date codes or have date codes within a specified time. WOuld it make sense that due to componant delivery schedules, most date codes should be with in 2-4 months of build dates, yes...sounds reasonable... but as we see here, example after example... just not what we have seen..

my 2c..