View Single Post
Old 05-22-2022, 08:41 PM

Default Trim Rings for 15" Rally II Wheels

I have a ’74 Formula with 15” HM code Rally II wheels, and I have the original trim rings for the car. They are brushed finish with a rounded contour. When these trim rings are installed on the wheels, there is a 1/2” gap between the ring and wheel spokes. I prefer the look of the squared-edge polished trim rings, and I hope I can find some that don’t leave a 1/2” gap. I have searched on this forum and found the following:

P/N 488380 – this is the part number of the trim rings that I currently have, brushed finish, rounded contour, for 15” wheels.

P/N 10010686 – this is the part number of the trim rings similar to the ones that I have. These have the rounded contour, but these also have a polished flat front edge, for 15” wheels.

P/N 9796696 – I THINK this the part number of the trim rings that I want, squared-edge, polished finish, for 15” wheels.

1) Can anyone tell me if p/n 9796696 is the correct part number for the squared-edge polished finish trim rings?

2) Can anyone confirm that this part number will fit on HM code Rally II wheels?

3) Will these trim rings fit with little/no gap between the trim ring edge and the wheel? Or will there be a 1/2” gap?

4) If this is the correct part number, can anyone comment on the quality of the currently available reproductions available at Ames, Parts Place, or other sources?