View Single Post
Old 12-04-2023, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuske427 View Post
Adding onto an old thread here in the hopes that what I did may be of help for others who come across this.

When I got my car earlier this year ('69 GTO w/ AC) there was almost no air coming out of the vents at all even on the high fan setting.

The big takeaways here are to seal up the ducting both in front of the firewall and underneath the dash to make sure any/ all air isn't bleeding away from leaks.

hope this helps
Great post! I did much of the same on my 65 GTO this summer, while reworking the dash control panel/indicators/bulbs/stereo and after removing all the ducting I RTV sealed all the seams where the plastic "rivets" were not really holding the ducts together all that well. Plus I wrapped gorilla tape around every slide-together joint and at the dash ball vents where the tubing slides onto them. Additionally, I had to rebuild my vacuum switch so all the flappers worked correctly and replaced the fan speed switch to insure I was getting full speed all the way up to the High setting. Major improvements and you can feel plenty of cold air blowing on you now, especially on High.

Well worth the time and effort!

The Following User Says Thank You to tallrandyb For This Useful Post: