View Single Post
Old 03-30-2021, 09:51 AM
Ultimate Warrior

i must have missed this thread... i went with the procar rally seats in my 72 firebird like the ones posted earlier in the thread, they are very nice seats & the side bolsters hold you in & are very comfortable, probably the best bang for the buck compared to the prices of recaro & corbeu. the procar brackets do make them sit up a little high if youre a tall person. & they add to the price, so what i did is just made some metal straps to bolt across the bottom of the seat & then re-use the factory seat tracks, that way they sit like a factory seat & dont have to buy their tracks. i can post pics of the straps if anyone is interested.

another option if you want recaros is to find some of the ones GM & ford used in the early to mid 80's, GM started in 1981 in the pace car T/A's & used them in early 3rd gens too. the 1979 mustang pace car used them as well, each year had different style covers but were the same seat. the ones posted by HWYSTR look way to exaggerated & over stuffed to me, almost like van seats with the big side bolster sections, the recaros i mentioned are much slimmer & the side bolsters are one piece & much easier to recover.

heres a couple pics of the procars & recaros in my 81 pace car.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6103.JPGa.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	563683   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4615a.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	563684