Thread: WIW 70 Formula
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2020, 09:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator67 View Post
No news to report. Still waiting on my spot to open up for paint, but it's low priority now with all the Covid-19 craziness going on. Also, about a month ago I bought a gently used '18 ZL1 (10 speed auto), which I've been enjoying thoroughly. So much so, it has me wondering why I'm building the Formula. The ZL1 has about the same power as I'm planning for the Formula, and even with all the nannies on, it can be a real handful. I can't even imagine what the Formula will be like.
Ah, you have to look at the Formula as an opportunity to do something great looking (like no modern car) and "fun to drive" (however you define that). Something no one else will have or have have built exactly the way you did. It's about exercising your creative juices in the automotive realm

You can't look at it as an endeavor to build the fastest, quickest, best handling, best braking, quietest, etc., car. Because nothing conceived/assembled by a few guys, however knowledgeable they may be, using a mix of aftermarket bits, will ever touch a modern OE-engineered supercar (which the ZL1 Camaro is) for that stuff. Not the balance of all of it. Just isn't going to happen.

It was true once upon a time when the engineers at auto companies were completely consumed with rapidly tightening emissions, fuel economy, and safety standards. But not now.

70 Formula RA III / M21 / Lucerne Blue / Bright Blue