View Single Post
Old 02-18-2024, 02:47 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Since I travel frequently for work I have always made sure my wife is in a relatively low mile reliable car. When we can afford it I make sure it’s something fun.

Something we haven’t addressed is the fact that I don’t have one or two old Pontiacs- I have several and I have them everywhere. Our garage holds 12 and it is packed with old cars, I have 6 additional storage units and cars at three different shops. I haven’t event started on what is stored at my dads!

Now, these aren’t parts cars they are all running driving mostly shiny cars. In fact her Hellcat was probably stolen because I didn’t have a spot for it in the garage. And it’s the most or second most valuable car we have (had?). I have everything I have wanted… I’m not going to make her drive a 20 year old daewoo so I can buy another old car.

I work a lot… A LOT and if she wants a Lexus I will find a way to get her a Lexus. I am just looking for ideas of what to buy. I would have no problem with a 2003 GTP but just because I am okay with that doesn’t mean I’m going to force her to be okay with it.

For the record- she would absolutely be okay with it. I’m just not going to ask her to do it.

Drove a 2022 RC-F today and really, really liked it except the infotainment screen was definitely from 2015. And then the dealer started their wait you out BS so we left. But we decided we do like the RC-F but would prefer a 40k 2016 over a 60k 2022 because they are basically the same car with the same options.

Drove a CT5 V also- very nice inside, actually a very nice car all around but unless you get the Blackwing the V package is pretty much just a trim level - 360 hp in 5500 lb car so it drives nice but definitely did not need a ‘track mode’

I think we are off German cars. The M2, M4 look great, but they are very expensive and have no warranty left in our price range. If we wanted a base 3 or 4 series we could get it but they just don’t look exciting.

I will be in Dallas this week so I will see what’s available there. If nothing else this has been a solid education on what is out there.

It’s funny, it’s very obvious all of the styling and marketing dollars went to the electric cars- honestly most of them look amazing. You can tell that most manufacturers haven’t been focusing on their ice vehicles for the past few years.

We aren’t interested in another Dodge- but for anyone looking they are discounting 2023 Challengers and Chargers with the 5.7. You can get a Challenger RT with a Shaker hood, stripes and leather interior for 43k new. That is a lot of car for that price and the last year they will be made. Just FYI.