View Single Post
Old 01-29-2020, 10:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Working on the frame stuff. I will need to reuse the pair of return lines for the tank vent and will also reuse the liquid/vapor separator. Will need to clean 50 years of gunk off the lines - yay.

Replaced both wheel bearings on the 8.5 along with the seals.

Looking at replacing the rear control arm bushings with Jonny or Roto bearings - not cheap! Speedway motors has some for $25/each but they are for 73-88 Metric racing. I ordered 2 to see if I can mod them to work. The outer diameters are the same but use 9/16 vs. 1/2" bolts, Also, the length is 0.100" shorter. Mnnh. As you can see by the pic the spherical bearing has a pair of machined adapters and a machined sleeve to make it work - I can make a new set of adapters to adapt to the earlier cars. One thing that is bad is there is no provision for lubing them. There is a groove in the middle for it but no access unless I want to drill the cast diff ears - no. I sorted out that the best thing to do is replace the bearing portions with a PTFE lined bearing from McMaster-Carr as they are exactly the same size.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Speedway joints.jpg
Views:	1184
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	530438