View Single Post
Old 04-08-2021, 09:27 AM
Ultimate Warrior

i bought the 73 ABS headliner with no cut outs for my 72 firebird & plan to install it with the later 75-81 trim pieces. i can get the part # if you still need it. i ordered mine from summit as they had the best price & its just drop shipped from PUI.

yes the side trim panels are the same for 73-81, ive never used the repros but have had a couple pairs, they seems to be of good quality but cant comment on the fit. i;d try & find some nice originals in the color you need but im sure the repros will work fine.

the rear trims are not the same, obviously due to the change in the rear window in 75. & 75-81 front/rear are all metal, never used plastic in those locations. im not sure if the 73 front used the welting style trim but if they changed to the cardboard style headliner then they should be the metal style. on my 72 i need to carefully drill new holes to make the later style metal trim work right & cut the ends of the later rear trim to fit. the front/rear metal trims are so cheap & easy to find i would use those over repros, & they are easy to paint since they are metal. you can use repros for the other plastic parts if you want to avoid the color change but for black, its pretty easy to paint (it's not a dye) the headliner trim pieces & they will last since they are in a mostly no touch area.