View Single Post
Old 06-05-2022, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Scott makes a good point about your IAC as well. With the top end change, you're going to need to change quite a bit on the system from the previous fuel map. That will mean resetting your IAC. In fact if your system had quite a bit of long term learn on it from your iron head setup, my recommendation would be to clear the learn and start from ground zero.

Clear the learn and startup the car and let it idle from cold to normal operating temperature, usually about 10 minutes or so.
Reset your IAC per the Sniper instructions, typically 3-10 counts at warm idle is where you want to be.
Take the car for a drive between 5-10 miles with only mild throttle inputs, then bring it back and park it for a bit, don't let it cool completely.
Restart the car and again let it idle until up to operating temperature.
Take another drive, this time a bit longer and try to find some areas with hills where you can start giving it more load, you can use more throttle input here.

That's typically what I've done with my FiTech system any time I've made major changes that required a learn reset. It's worked well for me to get the system up to a more optimal tune as fast as possible.

Yeah, if i can not get it up and running better that is a good suggestion, the self learning is really fast, and i migth get a better result faster anyway.

But the car idles awsome and iac is on point it is just the transitions. current idle and iac settings; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAsGlLP9hjU

-469 ,Butler 310+ Eheads, Hurricane intake portmatched by butler, Butler roller 230/236 @0.50 112 LSA, Johnson lifters, pypes 2 1/2" exhaust, 3.42 yukon duragrip lsd, holley sniper efi, hyperfuel efi tank +++