View Single Post
Old 01-20-2022, 09:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

After I tried to install the thing I found it impossible to fit. Initially I did not know what the issue was but eventually figured out their brackets on one side were mislocated. I called Original Air sent them pictures of their unit and the OEM unit took a bunch of measurements ect. ect... Then they asked me to send my old unit and their unit back to them. They told me they have been making these for years and never had a problem and I find that very hard to believe. Original Air said they would use my OEM unit and make thiers exactly like the original and ship both units back. Original Air sent back both units and they did not change the brackets so after all that they still did not fix anything.

So I decided to relocate the brackets into the proper position and slotted some holes in their brackets slightly bent the upper freon line and made some adjustments to the car with a sledge hammer now I think I can make it work. I sure hope their condenser works because after seeing how bad this thing was built I am a little fearful of the performance. This has been a real PITA. Yes Bruce it does have adjustable brackets but that didn't help any.

You would think after having a perfect sample of an OEM part they could get this right but they still managed to F***K it up.