View Single Post
Old 04-05-2024, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dataway View Post
I still do side work ... at present I'm working on a 3d model and texture material for some special effects in a short sci-fi film. Here is a render of the model superimposed on a still frame from the film ... it will all be blended together by the film editor at some point. These days video editors can render 3d models/materials directly into a video and manipulate them, light them etc. All I do is create the model, the exterior texture/material and send it to the editor who then does all the fancy stuff making it fit seamlessly into the video.

My advice to anyone 50 years old right now ... learn the new technology, whether it's the latest computer OS, smart device, phone, navigation aid, machine shop app, or CAD ... stay reasonably current with the technology. I hate to see people end up like my parents in their 80's with no clue about how to function in a modern world ... you have to stay current, you have no idea what technology that today seems irrelevant that tomorrow will run half the world.

This is so important. I grew up with computers being an everyday reality, but even so, I struggle to keep up with all of the new tech. It moves really quickly.