View Single Post
Old 08-30-2022, 12:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterp266 View Post
Good info Mike, thanks for sharing. You might consider the Hooker headers that are are on super sale right now. As far as I know, they “should” fit a ‘62 full size as well as 1st generation Firebirds. At the price, it’s worth a shot. I have a nice set of original IA headers for my ‘63 that fit great.
Looking forward to hearing how it drives in the real world.

https://www.holley.com/products/exha...arts/4107-1HKR
Thanks for the info. Those headers are a smoking deal. I saw you had nice custom headers on your car in another thread. I am married to these boat anchor iron manifolds for now at least. I have a grand in them not counting the rest of the exhaust system. My goal was to have the car be pretty quiet, so I have only a 2 1/2" system all the way back with the largest case performance mufflers I could find. While the F body headers would be a bolt-in on the right side, the big cars have the steering box in quite a different location from the F body. Also clutch linkage would be in the way probably, not sure. Just not willing to go there right now. Also, to really be optimized using my current heads and cam, I think I need 1 7/8 or 2" primary tubes. The Hookers are 1 3/4". What size is your engine and the primary pipes for reference? Also approximate cam specs. of you will share. Thanks for posting.