View Single Post
Old 09-01-2021, 09:46 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
Understand but your body work looks fantastic and after all that effort and commitment to quality, I'm sure every minor ding would jump out at you.
..but to me as a bystander with zero skills, it looks a couple hundred notches above crap in the black primer.
Very nice work and if your welded seams get perfected by that amount of filler, you are really good at keeping them straight.
Again, thank you!
I like going with black epoxy primer in this stage for a couple of reasons and the first one is showing me where the high and low spots are so I can address them. The second is that the next primers that go on will be gray and having black epoxy underneath makes it easier to see if you sand through them.

The seamed areas will still need some polyester primer which is really just a sprayable filler. I'm hoping just 2 or 3 coats in those areas. Once that gets sanded, I'll seal with black epoxy again and spray a 2K urethane gray over the entire car. When that's sanded, hopefully it will very, very close to perfect.

'55 Chevy Bel Air Sport Coupe - Ram Jet 350 / T56 Magnum 6spd, Restomod Completed Sept. 2012, Sold Sept. 2021 PHOTO