Thread: '71 GTO
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2017, 07:35 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Where does this go??

Was just out in the garage and looking the motor over a little more closer. I was amazed at some of the shoddy wiring work that someone did. After spending all that money on restoration, they fell way short here. I would have done some of these things when I was 13 and didn't know any better. I hope to post a pic of a wire that goes underneath the gas line and hangs behind the water pump. It has a 2 prong female end and also a horseshoe type end that had been expanded to fit around one of the thermo housing bolts. I believe it is a ground belonging to this other wire. Anyone have any idea where this might go?? Probably a moot point for now. My car cover came today and I'm going to button it up until warmer weather or I can swap things around. I'm also going to try and buy a color schematic of the wiring. Another thing of interest I found. It has a HEI distributor. I don't know much about these. I would have preferred the regular points distributor. In the past, I have put Mallory Unilites in them and they work quite well, Carmine.
Click image for larger version

Name:	GTO wiring.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	444570