View Single Post
Old 04-05-2018, 07:35 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgarblik View Post
any time on the wet bench. Would have been very interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darin Morgan
The only tunnel port head I had anything to do with was that piece of crap Ford came out with because Junior Johnson though it would be a good idea. All I did was port it and flow it and tell them it would never work because the wet flow was total junk. That was 1992 I think. The only Pontiac heads I have ever done where the 455SD heads on Don Kennedy's Super Stocker in 1989.

The push rod through the port idea is just bad bad bad all the way around. It does not work. I told them it was junk then and I will tell them the same thing now. They flow like gain busters so everyone thinks they are cool but they are actually junk.

The stock heads could never be made large enough on the Pontiac and the tunnel port head accomplished that. The wet flow in the standard Pontiac heads of the day was already poor so consequently the engine never showed a difference in that regard but the power went up because of the much needed volume increase. They didn't have the volume flow rate and air speeds of today's competition heads.
http://speedtalk.com/forum/viewtopic...&sid=0a1051f0c