View Single Post
Old 10-17-2021, 05:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRADERMIKE 2012 View Post
Why would the former owner be given the story of the 428's History if it were not true?

Why did Andy Griffith (a sworn NC sheriff and upstanding all-around citizen) tell the buyer of the old cannon that it took a direct hit on the muzzle at San-Juan Hill while being pulled behind Teddy Roosevelt's horse ?

While Deputy Phiffe almost blew a gasket during the pitch .....

Mike, i could grab any engine i have stored in my shop and make any claim i wanted to about it - then challenge the universe to SHOW ME PROOF i was wrong/lying about it.

That is not how it works in the Real World amongst educated men.
The burden of proof is on You
But it has been comical watching you chase the windmill on fantasy island , in search of any microscopic proof.

btw - Barney proved to us that Andy was lying.
However, Opie used the same tactic to trade an old garment button off to a buddy,
as coming from the jacket of General George Washington.
And we all know Opie was a Good Boy

I would much rather enjoy reading the sanity of your TA build, than this insanity about your various engine claim proposals/hopes.
If it actually were a factory assembled piece and then used for moonshining - what would it mean to us ?

What would it mean to you ?
Is there a value factor - a significant historical factor ?
Other than a 67 YK 428 engine

Although it has been known that Royal did "offer" 428 swaps
I cannot recall one single documented car with a 428 Royal Swap that exists today.
They may have done several of their own cars like that, and a few others.
The Bobcat upgrades were popular though and some handfuls of those are documented cars.

Do know for sure many have done such things themselves - and even beyond.
A 63 Catalina Station Wagon was found with an impeccably complete 1969 RamAirIV Trans Am engine with the RoundPort LongBranch manifolds intact - and running. (1 of less than 100 +/- engines produced)
Engine was still factory paint-patina.
In Georgia

Thankfully the old man/owner righteously admitted he swapped the engine himself back in the 70's, to the new owner (PY Member).
It wasn't built, or installed, by Teddy Roosevelt on San-Juan Hill.
George Washington didn't run moonshine with it.
Otis Campbell didn't sign the glovebox.

he didn't need a story

Last edited by Baron Von Zeppelin; 10-17-2021 at 06:02 PM.