View Single Post
Old 10-17-2021, 11:26 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Seymore View Post
One more - this page from the Camaro Research Group is the best there is in terms of documenting the assembly process. The assembly process is slightly different for full-frame vehicles vs unibody but you get the idea.

One other minor difference would be that, for the Pontiac Michigan location, all the activities took place on the same piece of property. Engines were cast, machined and built in the same facility while bodies were built up, painted and trimmed out. The length of time from when my cylinder block and heads were cast until the completed vehicle shipped was 9 days for my September of 1964 built '65 GTO.

http://camaros.org/assemblyprocess.shtml

If you can find copies of Eric White's "Made in Pontiac" series it is also very good. Written by a good friend it includes plant layouts and is based on an interview with an hourly employee from the Pontiac plant. This was also printed in the aforementioned "Smoke Signals" magazine as a multiple part series. I had PowerPoint copies at one time but may have lost them when I had to give my laptop back when I retired.

Understanding the assembly process is crucial. I've found one has to know the process limitations if you are going to figure out how to circumvent them (whether legitimately or illegitimately).

K
Mikes answer, I am reading what you send me and I find it very Informative. Thank you for your constructive info. My Father was born in 1933, same era as your dad, I to have Racing in the Blood line. I like the Swin Bicycle with the Banana Seat "is that you?"

I put extended Forks on mine to Chopper It plus mine was Green. You would never see that in Black and white. We had our 35 mm Family Film Edited to make a Family Video with Music added just like in your Videos. My Father had those Big Lights on his Camera at Christmas time, all Nine of us, plus I am a Twin, would be jumping all over him.

Good memories are coming back. One thing I can add is where are those Family values today? Movies like "Leave it to Beaver" are long gone.

While I have time to Edit this post, now that I have learned more, I don't think my Engine was ever installed on the line because it has no MVI number stamped on the Block in the appropriate place.

Last edited by TRADERMIKE 2012; 10-17-2021 at 12:01 PM.