View Single Post
Old 10-17-2021, 10:56 AM
Suspended

While I am on assignment, I discovered this: Keith Seymore " My Pontiac Story" 6/20/2011 Post, # 154, Dr. Eric M. Schiffer States: "Sam told me that when they changed Engines (At Royal Pontiac) warranty or otherwise they would get complete Engines from the Factory and turn them into short Blocks". He said "they had to do it this why. I don't remember why he said the Factory wanted this for warranty work." This is the way the Dr. wrote this exactly.

So, My Engine is on the shelf with Either a "067 or "068" Cam and a 4 bbl Manifold and Carb. installed (maybe). Most likely because my Block is stamped with YK and that means Automatic 4 bbl. There were a half a million about total Engine produced starting in 1966 through 1967 according to the Engine Unit Number EUN # stamped on my 428 ci HO Block, by the time my Engine was stamped YK and a number was assigned to my Block to be used in only 1967 Application into a Vehicle.

My 1961 Pontiac shop Manual shows that early 1960's Blocks use MVI Motor Vehicle Identification Number stamped half way down on the left side below the P.S. Head as you face the Wind- shield. Nobody has produced any reason for my Engine Block "not" having this valuable MVI number stamped on the 1967 428 ci HO Block. It is because I lack this MVI stamping that I wonder if the 1962,63,64,65, and 66 Blocks contain this MVI stamping.

One of you produced proof of the MVI number on a 1961 Block so far. I say my Block went to a Dealership and they Installed the Tri-Power Cam (maybe) and Intake plus Carbs. to go as a matched set as an upgrade over the "067-068" 4 bbl Carb. on its Intake Manifold. Prove me wrong, without the useless conjecture please. Also, "why can't my Mod. have been performed through Royal Pontiac?" What or How did Royal Stamp their Blocks when they upgraded them from a 400 ci 4 bbl Pontiac Engine to a 1967 428 ci HO Tri-Power system as they Bob-cat-ed them?

Also, Because the Factory Divisions did not comply with the GM Edict, all at the same time, how do I know that my 428 ci HO Block was not sitting on the shelf with the Tri-Power Cam and Intake as Special Equipment as it has been depicted as already. There has been some evidence to what Special Equipment means from some of you.

Show me Documentation from the Factory to what that means. "How do we know that my Block is an Experimental program but did not get the "X" stamped on it to show it ever got installed in any Vehicle ever at the Factory and later sold to one of the Racers. Since it is not customary to install the Tri-Power on the 428 someone could have been testing the combo for any number of reasons at the Factory level.

Remember the left hand did not know what the right hand was doing in those days. Why would the former owner be given the story of the 428's History if it were not true? I have to get back to my assignment now, just food for the thought. Mike out.