View Single Post
Old 10-16-2021, 06:47 AM
Suspended

Keith welcome to my post, I will read all you can supply me over time though. I have run across many of your photos in my searches over the years and lost many to one Ransome ware F--k. Your tale is like one of my own from years of racing Gym -Conna on Long Island NY at Mitchel Field as I was growing up. Dads Corvettes were 1966 and 1968 and both 427 ci . His were top 500 builds in their perspective years. Blue printed and balanced possibly through Baldwin Motion. Since were from the Island and Dad worked in Mineola, I deduce this. I miss those days and Boating on Long Island sound on his 34-foot Viking Command Bridge. He was an Engineer and one of the Vice presidents of UOP and Raced through Sperry Sports Car Club of America. He Has accumulated many trophies in his day. He was always top of class with the Auto that he Raced in any given year. He raced Lotus Elan just to prove he could win in any class he entered. I too went to Memphis State University on a Gymnastics Scholarship after winning Deerfield Beach and Broward County in 1975 and becoming best at College after all the seniors graduated. Like my father I always would strive to be the best. For the past 8 years I have built this second-hand project and learned lots from you people on the Forum. Let me Thank you for the Information and not wasting my time like others. My quest is to educate myself enough to hold an intelligent conversation with others about Automobiles. My Vehicle is the proof of that effort put into that pursuit. Your Fathers Dream of building that 428 ci is one of my own. I would like to make mine into a super Duty 428 ci HO someday. However, it runs too well to build it into SD just yet. I owned a 1969 Chevy Impala,1971 Chevelle ,1981 Camaro Z 28 and a 1968 Mercury Couger over the years and like the rest wish I never sold them. Building this 1979 Pontiac Firebird that has the front and rear clip off a 1976 Firebird TA with a 1976 Firebird Hood with the Snorkel's optioned with a TA Shaker Scoop facing the windshield reminds me of the photo of your prototype Air Induction. AS a matter of Fact, it is that very photo that prompted me to installing a plastic much less expensive version on my build. One similar in your photo I've seen for $3000, that actual one is priceless for its the first one I believe conceived. Any way I have to get back to the assignment, the rest of you should take note that this is the way I prefer to use My POST PLEASE.

Last edited by TRADERMIKE 2012; 10-16-2021 at 06:53 AM.