View Single Post
Old 02-20-2024, 08:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve C. View Post
Sirrotica

It was posted with a smile. And I suspect because some rolls have shrunk more than 20 percent in size and they are selling less product it would still be suitable for your needs.

Steve, It was answered with a wink Emoji...., so I was also, J/K.

Also the part about synthetic TP, not very absorbant for it's main purpose it was created for...........

1000 sheets, is still 1000 sheets. As long as the canister is packed tightly, the product works as intended.

For anyone that is unfamiliar with how a Frantz filter works, the oil enters through the center, goes into the hollow dome, and is forced through 4 inches of cellulose paper from end to end. There is no full flow filter that uses that much media. There also is no bypass valve, so each drop that is pumped in, gets 4 inches of media filtering. even if somehow there was a 20% media reduction, the Frantz is head, and shoulders above anything WIX, or NAPA is selling, or has sold previously. I've been using them for 14 years, they do everything promised by the manufacturer.

At the bottom of the roll/exit port, there is a fine screen that fully entraps all of the element. The BS story about paper making it's way into the engine, causing oil restrictions/blockages could never happen, totally made up by someone that never held a canister unit in their hands.

Frantz has been around since the 50s, so they're roughly 75 years old. The concept still works better than anything you can buy in a parts store.

Mann/Hummel also purchased Purolator, and I notice the same problems as far as availability, and merging filters lines that were available before the H/M acquisition. The prices have also increased much further than the rate of documented inflation rates. I see M/H as a corporate pirate that acquires a company, squeezes the last nickel of a formerly reputable company, as well as ruining their good reputation.

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated

The Following User Says Thank You to Sirrotica For This Useful Post: