View Single Post
Old 10-26-2021, 09:29 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by grivera View Post
Quick question regarding my frame connectors. They are the bolt-in Competition Engineering square tubing type. Mine are welded in to the front subframe and bolted in in the front of rear leaf spring pocket. Any idea what power level these bolt-in types are good for? In other words, should they be welded in at rear for my power level (521 hp/631 tq engine dyno). This will be on Mickey Thompson ET Street S/S, 235/60-15.
i have kind of the opposite of you, my PTFB connectors are welded at the rear frame rail & bolted to the front subframe, i did this in case i ever need to remove the front subframe. i will let others comment on the power level they are good to, but IMO subframe connectors arent really rated for power, they strengthen the car/frame no matter the power level... but at some point racers do weld them at the front & rear.

it comes down to how much of a race car you intend this to be, sounds like its mostly a street car & i dont think youd see any real benefit welding them at the rear too. plus it will be a hassle to ever remove the subframe for you or the next owner. with drag radials & limited track time its probably not worth it, they are doing their job as is but again all depends on how much you plan to race the car.