View Single Post
Old 10-15-2021, 06:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Eveland View Post
My Strange 3" Chromemoly shaft with solid 1350 joints was only about 300 at the time, very reasonable, plus I used their ends for trans and rear end, under a 100 a piece . A local shop is a dealer so didnt have to pay shipping. Very good piece of mind and a nice product

I would agree the strange stuff is good but I’ve seen a lot of guys break driveshafts that had good stuff . Why mine survived? Who knows. . Maybe because I air down my slicks enough so they can wrap up and take some of the HIt out. Really hard to say.

Many aftermarket driveshafts are more about being lighter than stronger.
Again can’t say what the reason is but can say that I’ve seen stock driveshafts live a long time and seen some
Good aftermarket ones beat up some floor pans .

Maybe people don’t use loctite and the u joints get wobbly, maybe they stressed them
Somehow when they were out of the car, a dent or a stress riser of some kind who knows why one survived and one doesn’t but I’ve seen both types fail

Had a similar debate w a friend
About n case 8.2 10 bolts Vs corporate 8.5s last week and why rear diff blow up. Whole can of worms there.

selling turbos and turbo related parts since 2005!