View Single Post
Old 10-23-2011, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
I've had them both. I currently have a Camaro. I dont have it cause it is better than a different car. I have it cause I liked the way it looked so I bought it. When I get tired of it I'll get another car. Some people think it is cool to poke fun and that is what they are doing for the most part. But there are some out there that are real pricks. In my book, they are not car guys. They can say that they are all they want. A real car guy has a appreciation for all cars in one way or another.

Dont let that mentality bother you...... I was a diehard Mopar nut just because I liked them when nobody else did as I grew up in a mostly GM family...
when that "Corvette" mentality took over the Mopar scene I jumped out of it with both feet...
Now I own Chevrolets, Fords and even an AMC ,I still have a soft spot for Mopars but cant stand the stereotype that comes with them so I rarely drive them anymore,

when I do go to a cruise night I flat out refuse to park near the crowd of whatever I am driving as I Loath that mentality and wont be a part of any Clique... most brand specific folks dont like me simply because I refuse to follow that mentality and wont bash someones car just because it isnt what I like.....

now most of my friends are streetrod/custom guys and I like their mentality much better as they still appreciate it when they see me hacking a hole in the hood of a 396 Chevelle or an old R/T mopar for tunnelram clearance........