View Single Post
Old 05-31-2013, 08:21 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Summit racing sent me the Original Parts Group sending unit part # OPGPZ00732. It did not work properly. I complained & was told by Summits tech that I needed to bend the float to make it work. I argued against that ( How many times do I need to bend and install before it works correctly). Summit Racing sent me a second unit & took the first one back. I installed the second unit and it did not work properly...

I got the original sending unit soldered so it wouldn't leak, bought an ohm meter and checked it. low end was just over 1 high end was 85-86. I reinstalled the repaired unit & my gas gauge is again working.

Checked the ohms on the second unit Summit Racing sent me after I removed it from the car. The high end was 80 ohm which read 3/4 tank of gas when the tank was full..

Conclusion... the Taiwanese sending units are junk and you can't depend on a straight answer from the company tech who not only told me to bend the float in an attempt to make it work, but added that he was not aware of any problems or complaints with the sending units..

http://www.gogtoaa.com/leibys%20rides.html