View Single Post
Old 12-13-2020, 09:05 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I dont need to re'check a flippin thing iam not contesting cc's iam contesting identification of a part with 2 different distinct qualities and 1 part number / identification.

The guy who rough cast the head didn't walk over to the machining area with a mythical 350 #48 head let's cut this one different then walk over to the engine assy line. hey wheres the 350 HO blocks and put them on.

There is a numerous amount of custody changes of parts in a assembly line people going home changing shifts weekends or just flat out I did my little part to a widget and pass it to the next operation

Every step somebody grabs the new part they would be derelict in not mentally checking do I have the right part am I doing the right thing

1969 assembly lines were not highly automated and if they were guess what there would have to be a ID to trigger the machine to treat a part differently than another whether cutting a chamber or setting a particular head on a short block

I have had my own set of #48's for 38 years so I have also wondered and paid attention to the unfounded wives tale

You all can cc #48 heads all you want come up with 30' cc or 100 cc i dont care have fun there will be variations within build tolerances and post production maintenance doesn't prove there is a 350 dedicated and 400 dedicated head with the exact same components with the exception of intentional chamber sizing all with the same final assy part number

Or else you would have 400s with 350 48 heads and 350 with 400 48 heads

When somebody or a machine drops the head on a short block they have to know 1 very important thing is this the right head for this block period

Last edited by Formulas; 12-13-2020 at 09:15 AM.