View Single Post
Old 12-20-2017, 05:34 PM
Boost Engineer

In my next post I will describe the parts required and the mods necessary to install Vacuum Secondary 6-Pack carbs on your 1966 Pontiac Tri-Power Manifold.

1) You need to order 3 of the adaptors in the link below so that you can mount your vacuum carbs to the Pontiac Intake. They are $40.00
each. You can buy cheap chinese adaptors from Speedway for $15.00 each but the quality difference is apparent.
http://www.dashman.net/product.html?id=245

(Dashman also shows you a pic of the adaptors on the pontiac intake).

2) So now you have the Holley Carbs, the Intake, the Intake adaptors, and are now ready to move on to the Fuel line fabrication and vacuum hose routing on the passenger side of the engine. I have provided a Picture of a MOPAR engine so you know what the fuel lines look like and the vacuum hose routing looks like.

Finally you need to install the safety linkage to manually close the secondary throttle on the vacuum carbs when you let off on the gas.

The fuel lines needed to be longer and of course the safety linkage also needs to be longer so some fabrication is required.
The links have to be cut and additional length added to them for the wider spaced carb position.

Looks at the pics and you will see what I mean. (I just cut the two links and added a piece in the middle of each one to make it longer).

Tom V.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Vacuum Lines and Fuel Lines-1.jpg
Views:	414
Size:	184.1 KB
ID:	470607   Click image for larger version

Name:	Throttle Closing Safety Linkage-1.JPG
Views:	1178
Size:	113.8 KB
ID:	470608  

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.