View Single Post
Old 05-25-2022, 09:22 PM
Boost Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lust4speed View Post
I've got a couple thousand miles on the clutch now. Clutch Masters diaphragm 11" Kevlar. Still just a hint of chatter when I back into the uphill parking spot at our local car show and I still like it the best of the units I have run. If it wasn't for the 32 bolts around the old Lakewood scattershield I would have the pieces out and media blasted as Tom Vaught suggested. Really not a problem and not worth the effort. Seems like maybe just a little buildup of resin that the blasting might remove. Still the smoothest engagement I've experienced.
A couple of thousand miles. I agree, I would not mess with it until I had 5k on the system parts. You want to give that excess resin a good time period to get nice and hot and boil off before doing the media blasting. Do not use aggressive media. Do not want to remove material, just remove the resin on the surface.

Happy Motoring.

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.