View Single Post
Old 05-25-2022, 08:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Any updates?
Can you tell us what clutch you have installed? I didn't see it shown. And lastly how much torque or horsepower are you making and how heavy is your car?
Thanks in advance.
I've got a couple thousand miles on the clutch now. Clutch Masters diaphragm 11" Kevlar. Still just a hint of chatter when I back into the uphill parking spot at our local car show and I still like it the best of the units I have run. If it wasn't for the 32 bolts around the old Lakewood scattershield I would have the pieces out and media blasted as Tom Vaught suggested. Really not a problem and not worth the effort. Seems like maybe just a little buildup of resin that the blasting might remove. Still the smoothest engagement I've experienced.

Despite doing stupid things fairly often with my car, I've been fortunate in usually keeping my equipment together. I mention this before going into the power aspect because I've got friends that break stuff all the time with a lot less horsepower and torque. I'm anything but conservative with launching and shifting at the strip but so far the mild clutch has held up fine and doesn't make me hate it the other 99% of the time I'm out cruising around.

My '67 GTO weighs in at 3,980 with me in it at the strip and add the weight of another person and some gear when screwing around out on the street. Dana 60 3.55 rear with helical gear limited slip, TKO-600 trans, and Nitto 555R 275/60R15 drag radials.

We had 18 cars for our club dyno day and excluding three dedicated drag cars, my car was highest in horsepower that day beating out 4 aluminum head engines. Iron headed, stock looking, air conditioning with what looks like the stock air cleaner for the first couple of pulls, and ran the dyno session through the mufflers. Drive it to Yuma, AZ once a year on a 550 mile round trip and all over SoCal for shows.

Attached is the dyno sheet showing rear wheel horsepower and photo of the engine compartment.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mick Batson.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	591540   Click image for larger version

Name:	Engine compartment.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	109.0 KB
ID:	591541