View Single Post
Old 05-25-2022, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lust4speed View Post
Over the years I've spent a bunch of money on different clutch kits. I'm coming to the conclusion that the more money you spend the less street friendly the setup becomes, and I'm slowly working my way back down to a well made dual sided organic disk. Not there yet, just replaced the dual friction wizbang unit that wasn't too bad except for some chatter that only seemed to appear when there was a crowd watching me back into a parking spot at a show. My last attempt before going back to organic is an 11" Kevlar/Kevlar that the retailer swore wouldn't chatter. Only a few hundred miles on it so far but simply love it compared to the organic/ceramic unit I pulled out. Sometimes it is just better to choose street manners over the ultimate horsepower handling.

Also have a totally brutal McCleod twin disk clutch that will handle 1,500 horsepower sitting on a shelf in the garage - now that was true punishment out on the street.
Any updates?
Can you tell us what clutch you have installed? I didn't see it shown. And lastly how much torque or horsepower are you making and how heavy is your car?
Thanks in advance.