View Single Post
Old 10-02-2022, 06:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks for the feedback guys. I honestly thought rebuilding my M21 into an M22 was just a matter of swapping out the gears. Now that I’ve spend the last day and a half under the car, it definitely needs a rebuild, and if the M22 conversion is that much more involved, I’m fine just having my M21 gone through. I definitely don’t want a 5 or 6-speed in this car. If it was a non-matching number car, I might consider that route, but I want to keep the Muncie 4-spd in it.

As far as the stroker crank, I didn’t really think of that as being any different than swapping camshafts. Granted, I’d have to run different rods as well, but not sure why that would hurt the value of the car. Am I wrong? And as far as the crank letting go and taking the block with it, trust me, I’ve experienced first hand what happens when Pontiac cast rods reach their breaking point. I would think any forged crank/rods would be a welcome upgrade to any future buyer (not planning on selling the car, but we never know what tomorrow brings).

That said, I did finally get to drive my ‘67 GTO with its 400 today. That car has ported 670 heads (Gessler), an SD Perf. stump puller roller cam, and a carb done by one of Cliff’s disciples. Even though it’s only got am M20 and 3.55 rear, that think would absolutely destroy my stock RA III car. It feels even faster than it did all the years I ran a 428 in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk