View Single Post
Old 10-01-2022, 06:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks for feedback guys. Turns out the VIN number is correct, which I kind of expected. This is a relatively low-owner car (4) and Owner 3 was the one who really went through most everything to make sure it was correct. Technically it’s a 6 owner car but the guy I bought it from (on consignment from dealer) only had it a year and the dealer actually was the one to buy it from Owner 3, but he flipped it pretty quickly (even though he told Owner 3 he wouldn’t do that. Anyway…

I did some reading on the site. The single spade TCS is correct for a 4-speed (I believe this is original). All 70 RA III cars got the two-spade wiring harness, and the automatic cars got a two-spade TCS switch. Unfortunately, maybe due to leakage, that connector does really stay on the spade switch.

I wasn’t originally planning on going through the trans when I did the motor, but now it looks like I should plan for it. I have a good Muncie guy near me. He did the trans in my ‘70 Judge a few years back, as well as the M20 in my ‘67 GTO.

FB, now you got me thinking about the whine. I definitely hated that drone from the flowmasters on my Judge, so now I’m wondering if I just leave this one alone, and do a stock rebuild. I was thinking that the M22 gears would also offer some protection from the additional torque o expect the stroker motor to make. Isn’t that why they started putting them behind the 455 HO cars in ‘71?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk