View Single Post
Old 02-11-2012, 09:54 AM
Ultimate Warrior

So ive been working 6 days a week on 3rd shift, long hours and i havent gotten a ton done in the last month. I have made some new clutch linkage with spherical rod ends, with the help of a tool maker at work who ran a custom part for me and drilled and tapped my original firewall rod. I learned that you dont want heim joints on both ends of the firewall rod. It will be VERY sloppy. I also used some fixture bolts and nylocks instead of the pin and clip. After finding that the firewall rod was sloppy with heim joints on both ends, I had another tool maker buddy cut me a cup to take the movement out of the heim joint under the dash and it made it all better. My clutch engagement is fluid. Smooth at glass now. No slop at all. It was a pain in the ass though. I actually had a thought of possibly building this stuff for sale but i think it would be a losing venture. Anyow heres a couple pics....

The stock sloppy part and the new piece.

Firewall rod. I shouldn't have put heim joints on both ends. I ended up having a custom cup made to fit over the mounting side of the heim joint under the dash to take the movement out of it.