View Single Post
Old 02-04-2014, 11:24 AM
Ultimate Warrior

While I agree to a point it's nice to have your entire garage with you in a massive rig, it's not nessesary.
My races are 2-3 day events and I just use a 20' enclosed, has full cabinets up front, a small air compressor, trailer has AC, lights, jack, jack stands, folding table, pop up, weights for pop up, ratchet straps, lots of drop cords, two sets of mounted tires, winch, drop cords, pit bike, broom, battery charger, hand cleaner, oils and fluids, big fan for cooling the engine, hangers on the wall for driver suit and such, clock, electric impact wrench, assorted small parts, belts and hoses, and most any tool I need to fix things at the track, biggest repair I might do is a clutch or brake repair, but not anything real major, not at the track.

My tracks usually have power but the RV does have a Generator, I used to pull with an SUV and hit the local motel, but staying at the track is much better. Don't let the RV fool you, I don't have a single thing in there for the race car, it's all in that 20' trailer.

Little things like already mentioned are great, white boards, bug spray, sunscreen, lot's of water, a couple of lights for working in the evenings, etc... I started with a notepad and added to it at each event when something came up I could use or needed.
If you take too much you'll just clutter up everything, take only what you think you'll need and grow from there. I've actually taken things out once I realized they're not really needed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_5562R.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	351781   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_5567R.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	351782