View Single Post
Old 07-08-2021, 11:40 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben M. View Post
100%. It was someone who knew what it was worth or at least had an idea. May or may not actually know OMT. Carbs (tripower especially), intakes, distributors, and radiators are what the typical toothless meth head will go for because they know what that's worth or at least how to easily sell it. The later 2nd gen Trans Ams and the hideaway GTO crowd may be more noticed and have plenty of valuable stuff to rip off, but this is a most unusual piece to steal and it's most likely not your usual smash and grab jobber.

Cops are going to be useless. It's a "victimless crime" that we are conditioned to accept as the price we pay for our society - that stuff gets stolen and it's somehow our fault that other people can't keep their hands to themselves, that we should have known and protected it better. When I got my dual snorkel air cleaner and shaker walked off with or my VIN plates pried off my car, the cops told me it wasn't worth their trouble to investigate because no one was dead and how did they know I wasn't scamming them by faking it?

I quit calling the cops.....

1973 Formula SD455 - #'s auto orig paint
1972 Trans Am - 4 speed orig paint
1974 Formula 400 - Ram Air automatic
1966 2+2 convertible - 421 4bbl automatic
1967 Grand Prix - 4 speed orig paint
1967 GTO - 4 speed orig paint 35k orig miles
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 71GP76TA For This Useful Post: